We support various types of dialogue spanning high-level political dialogue, civil-society forums, and grass-roots dialogue initiatives.
The Unit furthermore supports the establishment and strengthening of infrastructures for peace in the East Africa region.
- Ethiopia: Strengthening the Transition and Reform Process
The project focuses on supporting our Ethiopian partners to foster inclusive dialogue on the reform agenda as well as the broader vision for Ethiopia.
- Ethiopia: Capacity Development for Local Peace Structures in the Benishangul-Gumuz Region
Working closely with the GIZ and national partners, the project aims to strengthen Local Peace Committees in Benishangul-Gumuz in Ethiopia.
- Somalia: Strengthening Infrastructures for Peace and Fostering Inclusive Dialogue in Galmudug State
The project seeks to support Infrastructures for Peace (I4P) and raise awareness on the nexus between climate change and conflict.
- Somalia: Supporting Community Peacebuilders and Government Officials to Promote Reconciliation in Hirshabelle State
The project focuses on supporting and empowering local peacebuilders in their efforts to address conflict and support reconciliation in Hirshabelle State.
- Somalia: Supporting Stabilisation of Galmudug State
The project seeks to support the stabilisation of Galmudug through a multi-track approach to dialogue, which supports the cohesion of Galmudug based on the needs of the principal actors.
Janel B. Galvanek
Head of Department
Mohamud Hassan Abdi
Sharif Abukar Ahmed
Christoph T. Jaeger
Abass Kassim Sheikh
Media and Communications Manager
+49 (0) 177 7052758