The Berghof Transitions Series was initiated in 2008, and originally included case studies produced for a research project on “Resistance/Liberation Movements and Transitions to Politics: Building a Network of Experience”. It has provided a unique space for “insider experts”, i.e. stakeholders in past and ongoing peace processes around the world, to reflect critically on their own experience in conflict transformation.
Although the views expressed are those of the authors and contributors, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Berghof Foundation, we deliberately seek to give a voice to the perspectives of those actors who are in the driving seat of conflict transformation. Even though every conflict setting is unique, we strongly believe that such experiential knowledge can help other peacebuilding stakeholders worldwide to learn from the failures and successes of their ‘peers’ in the various contexts explored in this publication series.
- Strategic thinking and conflict transformation: A reflection on and from the Basque Country – Urko Aiartza Azurtza. 2019
- Peace Prevails: A Review of the Process to Peace and Reconciliation between the Afghan Government and Hezb-e Islami – Mushtaq Muhammad Rahim. 2019
- صلح پیروزی است – Mushtaq Muhammad Rahim. 2019
- سوله بریا ده – Mushtaq Muhammad Rahim. 2019
- ETA’s disarmament in the context of international DDR guidelines: Lessons learnt from an innovative Basque scenario – Basque Permanent Social Forum. 2017
- “Living Freedom” – The Evolution of the Kurdish Conflict in Turkey and the Efforts to Resolve It – Adem Uzun. 2014
- The CNDD-FDD in Burundi: The path from armed to political struggle – Willy Peter Nindorera. 2012
- Le CNDD-FDD au Burundi: Le cheminement de la lutte armée au combat politique – Willy Peter Nindorera. 2012
- From Revolutionary War to Democratic Revolution: The Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front (FMLN) in El Salvador – Alberto Martín Álvarez. 2010
- The KLA and the Kosovo War: From Intra-State Conflict to Independent Country – Armend R. Bekaj. 2010
- The Basque Country: The Long Walk to a Democratic Scenario – Urko Aiartza Azurtza, Julen Julen Zabalo. 2010
- The Road to Peace in Ireland – Bairbre de Brún. 2008
- From Politics to Arms to Politics Again: The Transition of the Gerakan Aceh Merdeka (Free Aceh Movement - GAM) – Agus Wandi, Wolfram Zunzer. 2008
- The Politics of Transformation: The LTTE and the 2002-2006 peace process in Sri Lanka – Suthaharan Nadarajah, Luxshi Vimalarajah. 2008
- Seeking State Power: The Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist) – Kiyoko Ogury. 2008
- The ANC and South Africa’s Negotiated Transition to Democracy and Peace – Mac Maharaj. 2008
- M-19's Journey from Armed Struggle to Democratic Politics: Striving to Keep the Revolution Connected to the People – Mauricio García Durán, Vera Grabe Loewenherz, Otty Patiño Hormaza. 2008
Thanks for your interest
If you find this collection useful, please consider making a small donation. Your support enables us to keep publishing.