Head of Unit
Middle East and North Africa Unit
Sonja Neuweiler is the Head of our Middle East and North Africa Unit. She has been involved in our efforts to support inclusive dialogue and transition process in the Arab world since early 2012 and has been working in our various projects on Yemen, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan with a thematic focus on national dialogue, negotiation and mediation support. In the context of the National Dialogue Support Programme Yemen, Sonja is providing practical and conceptual support to our activities to strengthen the peace process and to facilitate consultations between the Yemeni parties. She is also responsible for overseeing our dialogue and prevention projects in Lebanon where she is currently based. Sonja holds a graduate diploma in political science from the Free University in Berlin and an M.Sc. from University of Montreal.
Sonja Neuweiler leitet unsere MENA Unit. Schwerpunkt ihrer Arbeit für die Berghof Foundation ist die Unterstützung von Nationalen Dialogen und Transitionsprozessen in der arabischen Welt. 2010/2011 war Sonja Neuweiler in Projekten der Berghof Foundation zu Diaspora und Konflikttransformation tätig. Sie besitzt ein Diplom in Politischen Wissenschaften der Freien Universität Berlin und einen M.Sc. von der Universität in Montreal.
- Our work in the Middle East and North Africa
- Yemen Political Dialogue Support Programme
- Supporting local dialogue and faith-based insider mediators
- Safety nets against Sunni-Shia polarisation in Lebanon
- Supporting social media influencers in Lebanon
- Supporting peaceful settlements in Syria
- Strengthening community safety in Yemen