Middle East and North Africa Unit
Sonja Neuweiler is Senior Advisor in the Middle East and North Africa Unit. She has been involved in our efforts to support inclusive dialogue and transition process in the Arab world since early 2012 and has been working in our various projects on Yemen, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan with a thematic focus on national dialogue, negotiation and mediation support. In the context of the National Dialogue Support Programme Yemen, Sonja is providing practical and conceptual support to our activities to strengthen the peace process and to facilitate consultations between the Yemeni parties. She is also responsible for overseeing our dialogue and prevention projects in Lebanon where she is currently based. Sonja holds a graduate diploma in political science from the Free University in Berlin and an M.Sc. from University of Montreal.
Sonja Neuweiler ist Senior Advisor im Referat MENA. Ihre Arbeit für die Berghof Foundation konzentriert sich auf die Unterstützung nationaler Dialoge und Transformationsprozesse in der arabischen Welt. In den Jahren 2010/2011 war Sonja Neuweiler an Projekten der Berghof Foundation zu Diaspora und Konflikttransformation beteiligt. Sie hat ein Diplom in Politikwissenschaft von der Freien Universität Berlin und einen M.Sc. von der University of Montreal.
- Supporting inclusive dialogue in Syria
- Supporting climate-focused local-level dialogues in Iraq
- Climate-focused mediation and peacebuilding in Iraq
- Yemen Political Dialogue Support Programme
- Supporting local dialogue and faith-based insider mediators
- Safety nets against Sunni-Shia polarisation in Lebanon
- Supporting social media influencers in Lebanon
- Supporting peaceful settlements in Syria
- Strengthening community safety in Yemen